2017 The Year I Found Myself Through Knitting


The year I found myself through knitting 



It's hard to believe that 2017 came to a close. So much happened that year, both positive and some that would make anyone curl up in a ball on the floor.  Whenever anyone up until now has asked me why I knit, the first thing that comes out my mouth is that is has kept me from losing it or being overwhelmed by daily stress. Because through it all, knitting kept me sane. Like "be glad I am not cussing random people out" sane.

My mind is a funny thing. It can lift me up but also throw me into a tailspin. What works for me is that knitting and it's repetitive motions has become my form of meditation. From searching for the right pattern to finding the perfect yarn to eventually casting on is a routine that is soothing to me. I still consider myself a slightly above average beginner level knitter but I think with each project I find something new to learn. 

I even find comfort in the hardest part of knitting which is the mistakes.  Having to sit down and figure out how to fix mess ups (after I utter a string of words that I hope my kids do not hear) that I've made when knitting a pattern is therapeutic. 

So with all that said.....lets take a look back at my passion projects of 2017. I've gone through my projects and picked out a few that I loved. These are my favorites because they were a challenge or just turned out better than I hoped for.  


My Favorite Projects of 2017 
 *all can be found on Ravely.com*  


Windom Silk Wrap by Virginia Sattler-Reimer




Giant Donut Floor Pouf by Twinkie Chan



My First Toe-Up Socks by Susan B. Anderson



MY LIL SNOOD DOGG by Wool and the Gang



My Seahawks Contravene by Lynn Di Cristina

Comments

Popular Posts