Me Stressed Out? Heck Yeah!




For those who know me, it's been a stressful year for sure. I was laid off over a year ago and I've been struggling to find work since. As someone who's worked steadily since the age of 16, not working has been a new frontier all together. At first, the break was much needed. My previous job was draining and soul crushing so when presented with a break, I enjoyed it. Waking up whenever I liked, walking kids to the bus stop and being home when they get off was rewarding, But after a year, the stress and then depression started to creep in. I needed to find ways to relieve stress in a healthy way. Turning to food was my default and after a 15 pound weight gain, I knew enough was enough.

I sat down and asked myself, what did I want to do. Was there something that I've always wanted to do but haven't had the time to do. YES!!! Knitting. I crocheted as a kid but that was over 20 years ago. I ran out to my local craft store and got myself some yarn and crochet hooks. I was off!!!!!!! I spent the next 4 months crocheting my butt off. I made blankets on blankets, bags, shrugs and scarves for everyone I knew. After getting comfortable, I knew it was time to start knitting. I looked up the nearest yarn shop and signed up for a class and I haven't looked back. It's been such a great way for me to focus, to relieve stress and have personal goals.

Now my only issue is putting myself on a yarn budget....HAHA 

HAPPY KNITTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/health


Comments

Popular Posts