New Hobby Alert: Bullet Journal!!!

Back in June 2018 I started a new hobbyBullet Journal. I already had a basket full of knitting and crochet projects sitting unfinished so I don’t know why I wanted to add another project but I’m am so happy that I did so. 

Looking on Pinterest one day I saw pins called Bullet Journals. A way for you to get chronicle your daily/weekly and monthly calendar in a creative way. I was sold and my bullet journal journey began. I’ve always kept a diary/journal. Since 1984, I’ve loved to put pen to paper and write stuff down. Even as technology became more advanced and you can now keep your to-do-list and schedule on your wrist, I’ve always still loved a paper calendar and still use one at work.  

At first looking online on Youtube and Pintrest, if you are not a “artist” you may be overwhelmed. I see amazing entry's that have elaborate drawings and I can’t even draw a straight line but I knew that this new hobby or way of making my calendar was about me and I was not trying to measure my efforts next to someone else's.   

Here are my thoughts on what supplies you will need in order to start your own bullet Journal. 

Purchase a notebook. My first bullet journal is a light blue Leuchtturm1917 Hardcover dotted journal for $19.99 I got at Barnes and Noble. It is a great journal that comes in lots of pretty colors with nice thick pages.  I choose this brand because the paper is thicker and they have special pages that I liked (index and pockets). If you fall in love with bullet journaling, you can be a little more choosy for your second journal. For 2019 I changed it up and will use a beige colored Scribbles that Matter A5 dotted Journal for $19.99 that I ordered from AmazonBut know that you don’t have to spend 20 bucks, there are cheaper options out there for less than $10 (basic grid notebooks) you can pick up anywhere 



Pens and Markers. There are a million plus options when it comes to pens. I went into Brink Art store and almost lost my mind at all the options.  Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to weight, ink, color, brand, etc. So, it's really up to you.  I ended up raiding my kids school supplies and they work just fine. 

Here are some of the pens and markers I use! 
*Pilot G-2 black pen 
*Micron ink pen in black - size 03 
*PaperMate Inkjoy multi color pens 
*Gelly Roll pen in white ink - Size 5, 8 and 10 
*Crayola Supertips markers - 54 color pack 
*Tombow dual tip brush markers 
*Basic Bic mechanical pencil 
*Crayola colored pencils 








Extras 
*Rulers, erasers, template with multi sized circles, cheap pencil holder or small bin (I got mine from the dollar store) 


That’s it. That’s all that you need in order to start your bullet journal journey. Let’s get started January 2019. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts