Like Minded Knitters

When I started to learn how to knit, youtube.com was my go to place. It has tutorial videos galore on every stitch, pattern and project you can imagine and I use it  everyday. But as I get further along in my projects, I started to see a interesting trend. The majority of the video bloggers were non women of color. 

Nothing wrong with that but as an African American woman, I found it interesting that the hands and opinions I saw did not match mine. For some people it doesn't matter but if I'm to be honest with myself, it does to me. I would like to see hands like mine, Brown and strong. I would like to hear someone like me discussing yarn and their love of knitting. Dang it, where are all the Sista's at!! 

  
My new project is to do a online search for women of color bloggers and websites who love and showcase knitting and crocheting. I will start to list them on my blog as well.


~ Happy Knitting. 

Comments

Popular Posts